Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today Was a Good Day

Okay. So my first day home with the kids was completely filled with so many different emotions. All-in-all it was really wonderful, but I'm bullet-listing my emotions/experiences for your enjoyment.

  • I cried because it was so wonderful.
  • I teard up as I watched Dylan and Lane play together. And I wondered if they would be closer because of this added time together.
  • I calmy disciplined Dylan for two accidents she could have prevented. Potty related.
  • I yelled like the exorcist for the kids to get out of the fridge. I really regret that one, because they were really scared for a minute. Wish I could take that back, but that's one of those all the time occurring things. Still wish I could take it back.
  • I enjoyed Lane and I alone before Dylan woke up from her nap. Just putting my cheek to his arm and him smiling.
  • I enjoyed Dylan minding me so well at Wal-Mart.
  • I experienced being the mom with the two kids in public, who other people gawk at because the kids are so bad. But they weren't really being bad, they decided it was wonderful to scream as loud as they could at each other. Really. Lane would start - he would just scream like a crazy baby and then Dylan would chime in, as if in competition. That was new.
  • I loved that they ate a healthy lunch.
  • I acted a fool at our Dance Party USA in the living room, but loved it. Got winded too.
  • I became slightly frustrated because Dylan wanted to play during Bible time, when I was trying to tell her how awesome it is that she was created for a purpose. After explaining this in great detail and in terms I thought she could grasp, which I had given much thought to, I asked her, "Isn't that awesome Dylan?" Her response: No.
  • I laughed as Dylan made me eggs for the 100th time in her play house this morning. Then I threw her a curve ball and ordered a coffee, a water, wheat toast with butter and grape jelly, and oatmeal. She said, "Otay!" Went straight to work, then turned and asked, "Toke?" No baby, coffee. She even stirred in cream for me with a stick and served it on a tray. Never saw the toast though.

And, drum roll...I didn't have my keys in hand ready to hit the road when Philip got home! Until next time. Peace and Love.

1 comment:

LyndseyS said...

Welcome to my world, sweetie! It sounds like you had a good one, though.

And no not feel badly for those nights that you ARE waiting for Daddy to get home...keys in hand, purse on shoulder. It is NORMAL! There have been nights that I have made up things that I needed at the grocery store.