Sunday, June 20, 2010

What a Weekend!

God is good.  I have had the best last four days, and I feel really blessed.  Philip is out of town, and while that does not have anything to do with me having such an outstanding weekend, I have to mention it, because usually when he's out of town things are really crazy, and by that I mean - I'm really crazy.  It's typically me and the kids and eventually them driving me crazy.  Anway, I have had a wonderful last few days and wanted to share.

Thursday, Christi stopped by for a quick visit, which was really nice, because we haven't seen each other in forever, and it was wonderful to visit and get a hug.  That evening Gin, Holly, Candy and I shared coffee (or warm milk for some) and many, many laughs, which always turn into tears from laughing so ridiculously hard.  I treasure our time together.  It's so good and to be able to catch up even if for just a few hours and have a good laugh or two. 

Friday evening my parents graciously obliged to keep the kids while I went to a baby shower for a friend from church.  It was a couples shower and the kids were welcome to come, but it was nice to go and visit, and catch up with everyone from our Life Group class.  After the shower I headed out to Tennisonville for MORE girl time.  We had SO much fun visiting, swapping stories, laughing, laughing, and laughing some more until 4:30 Saturday morning!  I haven't stayed up that late in a very long time, and while I was a wee bit tired the next day, it was so worth it.  My heart and soul had been restored with time spent with some of the females in my life, and I am very grateful to my parents for keeping the precious urchins, and to God for good friends.

Saturday I took the kids to see the new Shrek after running errands, and while there were parts that were certainly more geared towards adults it was pretty cute and they had a good time. We had a pretty good, fairly lazy rest of the day - doing some coloring and painting and watching a few cartoons.

And finally, today.  I went to a new Parenting study for Life Group this morning, which will last 6-weeks, and really enjoyed it.  I'll keep you posted on what I learn.  And, I have to say, this morning's worship service was one of the best I've been to in a long time.  For many reasons.  We've combined our two services into one for the time being, and so they've blended the worship between traditional hymns and contemporary songs, and I loved it.  The church was the fullest I've seen it in a long time, and it felt like such a family.  and when everyone was singing, it was so loud and filled up that big sanctuary like it used to when I was kid.  It was kind of emotional for me for several reasons.  It was just a good, raw, nostalgic, yet new, sort of thing.  The sermon revealed a parabale in Luke in new light and was really thought provoking. 

We also had a wonderful Father's Day lunch with my dad.  The kids called P this morning on speaker (as Dylan requested).  They yelled Happy Father's Day! We miss you, and proceeded to give him play by plays of what we were doing - donut shop, so and so's licking me, etc.  I'm sure P enjoyed it.   

So a few things...if you haven't been blessed with some girl time - whether coffee with one friend, or a semi-sleepover with several, or even a good phone conversation - DO IT!  Pick up the phone or make some plans, because you will be blessed!!!!

And if you don't have a church home in Longview - come join us one Sunday.  I really think people will enjoy the blended worship - a little bit of traditional with a litlte bit of contemporary seemed like just the right thing this morning!  www.fbcl.org

Well, this is one of the posts where at the end, I think to myself, "Why does anyone care what I did this weekend?"  But maybe writing about what's important to me, and mundane to others, will at leaset keep me in the habit of posting.  We'll see.  Peace and love.

No comments: