Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Guess I'm a Blogger

I thought I already was a blogger. I blog on MySpace. Wow. A few years ago I refused to even entertain the idea of a MySpace profile, and would only use the word "blog" to save from having to act it out. Times change, things change, we change. Which is good. I can't imagine the person I would be today, if I had stopped changing at any milestone or pit stop along this journey. In fact, I'm thankful and grateful that I'm ever-changing, and yet I don't necessarily enjoy change. I'm a planner. I like plans, schedules to the minute, lists that entail so much detail you'd think I was writing them for my three-year old. I enjoyed structure, consistency, repitition in terms of safety and comfort. But not presently. I presently sense the need to break out of this mold I've made for myself. Where I've been tapping on the mold from the inside with a tiny little nail and soft mallet hammer, I'm feeling more like rocking it back and forth until it falls and shatters into a million pieces, and then...Aahhh. I can breathe. I suppose I'm presently changing. I'm shedding layers (maybe like an ogre, ogres are like onions Dylan tells me). Dead layers that have been suffocating me and who I was made to be. So, while I didn't expect this to be my first blog in the blogging world that's not MySpace, here it is. Peace.

No comments: